Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Pia Toscano Splits With Interscope

Pia Toscano Splits With Interscope.

In this interview with The Hollywood Reporter, Pia Toscano ends what has to be the strangest odyssey ever for an American Idol contestant:

Click Here To Read The Article

Let me recap her adventure as I perceived it.

When Pia was voted off at #9 during Season 10, I claimed that she wasn't really voted off, but was disqualified due to a rules violation. I cited her high ranking on the betting site bodog (now bovada) and on DialIdol. I also noted the unprecedented outrage for a #9 finisher.

Jimmy Iovine wanted to sign Pia right away but was prevented from doing so by American Idol. Despite that, Pia was in the studio recording without a contract for some period of time.

Pia was in position to release her album first, before anyone from Season 10, due to the fact that she had 8 tracks recorded before the start of the Summer Tour.

But the album was never released, even though Pia told us numerous times in interviews that it would be released soon.

I claimed that American Idol was behind the delay because they wanted their Top 4 -- Scotty, Lauren, Haley and James -- to release their albums first. After Haley finally released her album in May 2012, I figured Pia's album would be coming soon.

But now, it's not coming at all. In the interview, Pia says the split was due to a difference of opinion. That is highly unlikely. Many Idols have bickered with their record label (like Crystal Bowersox), but that has never prevented an album from getting done and released. And as I said earlier, she has announced the album release many, many times.

I don't worry about Pia, however. I've never seen an Idol jump right into the Hollywood life as fast and easy as Pia has. She is a paparazzi magnet. We haven't heard the last of Pia Toscano.

No comments:

Post a Comment

AEvangelista - American Idol Blog